Camp Halfblood
Welcome to Camp Half Blood!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Camp Halfblood
Welcome to Camp Half Blood!
Camp Halfblood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double Take

Go down

Double Take Empty Double Take

Post by misswho Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:21 pm

Okie guys, this is my story for YWP (young writers progam) and so Im gonna post stuff here so replys would be awesome.

Zenobia
“Zen, wake up!” Zenobia’s mother yelled for her. She crawled out of her lush, peacock feather bed and headed to her closet. She pulled out an indigo lace dress because indigo is the color of royalty. As she admired her outfit in the mirror her brother waltzed into her room, “Spen get out,” She mumbled, looking at the frays of her dress. Spen Cronin rolled his eyes, “Father wants us in the courtyard for a family interview,” she sighed and faced her brother, “Fine let us go,” Zen held out her hand for Spen to lead her out, be he just walked ahead of her. Well, she thought.

In the courtyard of District One’s mayor’s house, the family stood in the center, surrounded by beautiful assortments of flowers and ugly reporters. Zenobia’s father, Phox was in front of the family like ha better than the rest of the well groomed people. “Now as we all know, the seventy-sixth Hunger Games are coming up,” he paused as the reporters clapped. As he continued droning on, Zenobia tapped on her thighs. Spen nudged her, “Stop that, father is talking,” he said in a hushed tone. Zen glared, “Like you’re really paying attention,” he shrugged. When their father finally finished, it was time for the reporters to ask questions.

“Will your children be in the reaping,” a fat reporter asked. Phox put on his fake smile, “Of course, they always do,” that was a lie. A scrawny woman came up to the siblings, “Do you want to follow Katniss Everdeen’s legacy?”. Before the two could answer, the Avoxes were already taking her away. No one is allowed to speak of Katniss, the mocking jay, the reason Zenobia and Spen never leave the mansion. Zenobia moved her caramel hair out of her eyes, ignoring the fact the women will never be seen again. Zenobia’s mother, Eta clasped her hands together, “All right then, no more questions,” she pushed the children inside their home.

“That conversation never happened,” Eta’s voice was raspy, like nails on a chalk board. Zenobia looked down, “But why?” Eta did not want to answer her daughter. Zen rolled her eyes and walked to her bedroom. “Sometimes I stay up cash in my bad luck; some nights I call it a draw,” she hummed to herself as she opened the cabinet. Inside was their projector; today was the reaping.

On the TV she saw the executive for district one, Orchid Naysmith with her big blue afro and ball gown speaking in her annoying high pitched voice, “And the boy tribute is…” she reached into the bowl and picked out a name, “Bise Erwin,” the boy who must have been Bise was maybe sixteen, his blonde swoopy hair bounced around as he walked to the podium. “Now for the ladies,” Orchid continued. She plucked a name from the girl’s bowl. Zen played with her fingers, “Zenobia Cronin!” Zen smiled, Take that Father, she thought. Eta, Phox, and Spen burst into her room. “How was your name in there!” her father yelled.

Zenobia shrugged, “Maybe you’re plan had holes in it,” Phox lunged at his daughter but her mother held him back, “You cannot be a tribute,” she said gritting her teeth. Phox nodded, “We’ll get a random person to do it,” Zen sighed, “No, I want to do this,” no one moved. “You’ll die Zenobia, I won’t have that, and you have no training.” He mother shook her head. That wasn’t true of course, Zenobia always trained in the 4th district when the family visits, she has gotten really good with the trident. Spen walked to the projector phone. “From which district will we pluck the lucky girl?” he asked. “Take a District Eleven girl,” the mayor mumbled. Spen tapped some buttons on the phone, eavesdropping on all the families in District Eleven with caramel hair and hazel eyes. “Here,” Spen said viewing a girl who looks like Zenobia, “Perfect, let’s send the guards.”
misswho
misswho

Back to top Go down

Double Take Empty Re: Double Take

Post by misswho Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:17 pm

Now here's Savara: District Eleven

Savara

Savara and her family rejoiced as they came home from the reaping, “No one will die!” her little sister, Sagitarria exclaimed. Samara patted her head, “Actually twenty-three people will die,” “SAVARA!” their mother, Librea yelled. Savara shrugged, it was the truth anyway. Librea set the table for their special dessert, fruit salad. The people at the Capital let the families of the people who do not have a tribute get to have a basket of their crops. Normally, it is sold to the people in the capital and other districts of Panem.

Later that night Sagitarria laid in the bed next to Savara, “I’m glad you didn’t get picked,” the little girl smiled tiredly. Savara nodded, “Me too,” When she heard her sister snore, she closed her eyes and fell asleep. She woke up again, now it was midnight and Sagitarria was screaming. Savara looked around the room and saw two scruff looking men, “Savara Oilgby?” one man said. “Y-yes?” she muttered. The second one pulled a burlap sack over the sixteen year old and Sagitarria screamed even louder, “DON’T TAKE MY SISTER!” the men pushed the little girl out of the way and jumped out the window. By the time her parents run in with a gun, the men who took their daughter were long gone.

Savara woke up in a train. When her vision became clearer, she was looking straight at a girl who looked almost like her, “Oh good you’re up,” Savara scooted away from the girl, “W-where am I?” the girl smiled a little, “I think we are in District Two, I won’t be long till we get home,” Savara raised her eyebrow at her, “Where’s home?” “District One,” she replied, “You should probably sleep now,” and Savara closed her eyes again and slept soundly.

When she woke for the final time, she was in a house five times the size of her own. The girl from earlier and now more people crowded around her, “Zenobia dear, please take our guest to your bedroom,” said the older woman who must have been the girl’s mother. She grabbed Savara’s hand and led her upstairs.

“Well I’m so sorry,” the girl said as she plopped onto the bed. Savara followed the girl, “About what?” “You being here, and what’s going to happen,” the girl muttered. Savara had no idea what that meant, “What will happen exactly?” she asked. The girl shook her head and walked into her closet, “My name is Zen, short for Zenobia.” the girl said, changing the subject. Zen pulled out a pink lace dress similar to hers, “Put this on,”

Savara obeyed, afraid what would happen if she didn’t. When she was finished, it was hard to tell the two apart, “This is worse than I thought,” Zen muttered, “My father’s plan was really foolproof,” Savara didn’t understand what she meant by that, “You’re Zenobia Cronin aren’t you?” she asked. Zen nodded solemnly. Savara’s face turned as white as snow, “Does that mean……” Zen nodded again. A tear ran down her face, “I-I’m really sorry, but don’t worry, I’ll be going in the arena as well.” Savara raised an eyebrow, “They watch the Games like a hawk; how will you sneak in?” Zen paced around the room, “I’m good at hiding,” Savara had no faith in the plan.

“I could die,” she sputtered. Zen nodded, “I know, you’re family is getting money if you die or win,” Savara rolled her eyes, “Well that’s lovely for them.” There was a knock on the door. Zen rolled her eyes as she opened it, “What do you want Spen?” the boy with the pale brown hair smirked at her and nodded at Savara, “Dinner,” and he left. Zen grabbed Savara’s wrist, “Let’s go,” and they walked down the stairs.
misswho
misswho

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum